We are Hiring!
Fusion Partnerships, Inc., a 501(c)(3) social benefit organization providing fiscal sponsorship to nearly 100 social justice programs and projects in Baltimore, seeks an Executive Director (ED) to lead Fusion’s financial and administrative planning, and implementation of Fusion’s 2019 Strategic Plan. This is a unique opportunity to serve an active and progressive hub of solution-focused social justice workers who create meaningful change in their communities. Learn more about Fusion at http://www.fusiongroup.org.
The ED is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Fusion according to the 2019 strategic plan set forth by management and the Board of Directors. The ED establishes and executes major goals and objectives for the organization, directs the implementation of projects and initiatives in coordination with Fusion staff, and analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all organization operations. The ED builds collaborative relationships and partnerships with community leaders and stakeholders. In addition, the ED develops and maintains organizational structure, effective staffing, and supervises and appraises assigned staff. The Executive Director works in close collaboration with the Board of Directors and will publicly represent Fusion’s mission and values to a wide range of community partners, stakeholders, supporters, funders, donors, organizations, and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
●Deliver on a collaborative vision and strategic plan for the future of Fusion Partnerships.
● Serve as a spokesperson for the organization in the community and as a champion for
● Foster a culture that generates ideas and creates avenues for change management, capacity building, continuing training/education, and professional development for self, staff and partners.
● Personally build relationships with funders, donors and prospects that result in grants and major gift opportunities.
● Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with key external partners at the highest level.
● Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with Fusion partners and the Partner Advisory Council.
● Promote and support partners’ networking and collaborative action for pro social justice.
● Ensure that a cohesive communication and development strategy is developed and implemented.
● Oversee operations across multiple organizational functions.
● Maintain a collaborative working environment.
● Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Board while facilitating information-sharing, engagement on Board committees, and fundraising.
● Prepare and present Fusion’s financial updates and the annual budget in collaboration with finance staff and the Board’s finance committee.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Demonstrate knowledge of the social justice landscape in Baltimore.
● Articulate the benefits of a fiscal sponsorship/incubator model for community-building.
● Demonstrate ability to read and interpret a balance sheet
● Possess excellent interpersonal communication, advocacy, relationship-building, and presentation skills.
● Understanding of consensus-building processes.
● Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
● Motivate and work with staff, Board of Directors, partner organizations, and other stakeholders to achieve organizational deliverables.
● Proven management experience/training in a multi-layered organization setting.
● Demonstrate understanding of the social justice foundations of Fusion’s partner organizations.
● Possess a proficient understanding of technology, workplace systems and databases.
● Active commitment to and involvement in community-based leadership, grassroots equity work, or social/racial justice work - community organizing experience is a plus.
● Eight years of nonprofit fiscal and business management experience – fiscal sponsorship knowledge a plus.
● Eight years of manager or director-level supervisory and management experience.
● Eight years of progressively successful, diverse fundraising experience using a variety of methods and tactics.
● Eight years of experience in non-profit management. There may be a combination of education and experience to meet this qualification.
Salary and Benefits:
● Salary range is $95,000
● Employer contribution to health, dental and free vision benefits
● Paid holiday, sick, and vacation leave
Please email a 1. cover letter, 2. resume, and 3. writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that marginalized communities must be centered in the work we do, including people of color, disabled people, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Fusion Partnerships is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.